Element Islamic Balanced SCI Fund
The Fund Objective
The Element Islamic Balanced SCI Fund is a Multi Asset high equity unit trust that complies with the regulations that govern retirement funds (Regulation 28). The fund aims to provide Muslim investors with the opportunity to achieve long term wealth creation within a moderate level of risk, through preserving capital with a reasonable level of income that is halaal (permissible) for investors. This is done by investing in a portfolio of equities listed on the JSE Limited and Sukuks, in accordance with the Islamic Principles approved by the Shari’ah Supervisory Board.
All non-permissible income will be declared and distributed to charitable organisations on behalf of investors.
Managing Shari’ah Complaint Investments
Element Investment Managers has a long history in managing Shari’ah compliant investments in South Africa, starting with successfully managed the Futuregrowth Albaraka Equity Fund from 1 July 2000 until 7 April 2004. During this period, the fund won numerous awards Raging Bull Awards.
Element Investment Managers were the pioneers in terms of designing Islamic cash investment products in South Africa. We have managed these products for individual investors and within portfolios since 2005.
ASISA Fund Category
- South African – Multi-Asset – High Equity
- Average total return of the Shari’ah General Balanced Funds with a 1-year track record
- The Fund complies with the legislation governing retirement funds i.e. Regulation 28 of the Pension Funds Act (Act 24 of 1956).
- Regulation 28 allows for the equity exposure to range from 0%-75% but, in accordance with Shari’ah guidelines, the combined equity and property holdings will never fall below 30%.
- All investments are done in accordance with the Islamic Principles and approved by the Shari’ah Supervisory Board.
- Individual asset class limits:
- Equities: 30% – 75%
- Listed Property: 0% – 25%
- Foreign Holdings: 0% – 25%
- The annual management fee of the fund is 1.50%, excluding VAT
- This is a flat fixed fee per month, as we do not impose any performance related fees on our unit trusts
For further information, please view our Fund Fact Sheets/ Mandatory Disclosure Documents